FIRST LEGO League
Runnymede Robotics works with local schools to assist in their FLL journey.
Team 1310 students work new FLL teams as mentors to help them develop design and programming skills. The students in the Runnymede Masters program take Mindstorms programming as part of their grade 9 highschool course in technology. Visit the Runnymede web site to learn more about the Runnymede Masters program.
2018 Toronto TDSB FIRST LEGO League Qualifying Tournament at Runnymede CI.
Team 1310 will host a TDSB FLL Qualifying Tournament at Runnymede CI. We are always looking for new judges to help out with this event.
Judges are needed for:
- Project - students design and innovative solution to a problem and present it in 5 minutes, followed by a Q&A session.
- Core Values - students work for 5 minutes to solve a challenge on the spot, followed by a Q&A about their season.
- Robot - students present the robot they have designed and programmed to solve this year's challenge. They then run a couple of missions and demonstrate their skills.
After filling out the volunteer form you will be asked to sign up on the FIRST robotics site and volunteer for the Runnymede tournament:
- go to www.firstinspires.org and click Sign Up or Log In in the upper right corner of the banner.
- click on the "Volunteer Registration" tab on the Dashboard
- click on the "Event Volunteering" button
- on the search panel, select the Program "FLL", and in the Name section near the bottom, use the keyword Runnymede
- click "Apply Filters", and the Runnymede event should appear
- choose the Runnymede event, and sign up for the Judging session you prefer.
A walk-through on signing up to volunteer on the FIRST site can be found here.
2018 Toronto FLL Kickoff
Saturday Sept 22, 2018 - Bayview Glen
Team 1310 presented 3 different presentations at the Toronto FLL Kickoff event at Bayview Glen.
PowerPoint Slides and Planning Decks
Fun Presentation Styles - how to create a great presentation
Organizing a Team - how to get the most out of your season
Mission Strategy Deck for Into Orbit season - Google Presentation for quick reference (print 4 pages to a sheet)
Planning Deck - 3x5 cue cards to help you plan your season