Late REGISTRATION is OPEN until Friday, Oct 19th
2018-2019 Team Sign-Up Process
There are 6 steps in signing up for the 2018-2019 Runnymede Robotics Team.
You have the opportunity to sign up for Robot Build, Programming, Communications, or Strategy. Descriptions of all of the Robot Divisions for the 2018-2019 Season are found here.
Ensure you are eligible to be on the team. See Team Eligibility and Academic Eligibility below.
Complete the On-Line Application Form.
Download, Print, Complete and Sign the following forms:
Bring the completed and signed forms to Ms. Fife or Mr. Yasui.
Pay the registration fee and the T-Shirt fee depending on the number of T-Shirts you wish to get.
**Grade 9s and any student joining the team for the first time must select the $60 option
Registration + 1 T-Shirt = $45
Registration + 2 T-Shirts = $60
Choose the option with 1 or 2 T-Shirts to match the selection you made in the On-Line Application Form.
Respond to the registration emails that will be sent to confirm BOTH the student and parent email addresses.
BOTH STUDENTS AND PARENTS must register with FIRST and sign digital consent forms to be on the team. When you respond to the registration email, you will be sent instructions on how to sign up with FIRST.
Walk-through on how to register for STIMS here.
Team Eligibility for Runnymede Robotics - Team 1310
- Runnymede Robotics team members must be full-time students of R.C.I.
- Robotics team members must have an R.C.I. student activity card.
- Students must be punctual and attend ALL classes regularly and display acceptable classroom behaviour.
- Students must satisfy completely, the requirements of R.C.I.’s school code of conduct and uniform policy, both in school and when participating in inter-school activities.
- Runnymede Robotics Team members must be in attendance at school on a given day and attend ALL classes in order to participate in Team activities.
Academic Eligibility for Runnymede Robotics - Team 1310
During the robotics pre-season, teachers will review the last set of marks for each student. Any student who fails to achieve an average of 60% or 65% (for Construction, Electronic/Pneumatics or Programming Teams) and is not passing all of their subjects, will be reviewed by the teacher leader and/or subject teacher. The student’s achievement, effort, and attendance will be reviewed and one of the following actions taken:
- The student will NOT be permitted to participate
- The student will be allowed to participate if the subject teacher and the robotics team leader agree that the student can participate on a probationary basis. Students on probation will be required to take a sheet to class each day. Their teachers will sign the sheet indicating punctuality, attendance in class and may make comments on effort and achievement.
- If the student's effort, attendance, tardiness or achievement does not improve, they will be removed from the team
NOTE: Student marks from the June report card of the previous year will be carried over as the marks criteria for the fall semester